- Verify that you meet the minimum requirements for admission into your intended degree program
- Gather Letters of Recommendation
- Applicants are required to submit 3 via application
- Prepare your Statement of Purpose
- Update your Resume/CV
- Complete and Submit Application
Please visit the Graduate College Admission Requirements webpage for more information on policies and procedures for admission.
The Applied Intercultural Arts Research GIDP programs requires applicants to have the following criteria for consideration of admission:
- Earned a 4-year baccalaureate degree from an accredited University
- At least a 3.0 grade point average
- meet English-language proficiency requirements
There is not a GRE test requirement for admission into the program. An applicant does however need to have a minimum TOEFL score of 79 and IELTS total minimum score of 7.5 or above with no score lower than 7 on any section of the test.
Prospective students will be asked to include the following information into their application:
- Statement of Purpose
- This should indicate the academic and professional goals you hope to achieve in pursuit of this program of study.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- The department requires each applicant to have a minimum of 3 statements of recommendation submitted on their behalf. Recommendations should be written by faculty members or an employer who can speak about your academic and research ability and potential for graduate studies.
- Recommender Questions
- These questions are presented and completed by those listed as recommenders by the student.
- Supplemental Questions
- These questions are for the applicant to complete.
Students will also be asked to upload a current Resume/CV and a Writing Sample.
Yes, the AIAR program offers students the opportunity to be considered for Graduate Assistant positions and University Fellowships.
For more information on funding and financial information, please visit the Graduate College's financials webpage.
All students interested in applying to the AIAR program should visit GradApp to submit their application.
Please note: your application will not be submitted for consideration if it is not complete or if the application fee is not paid.
Deadline for applications is December 15th for both Domestic and International students.
For more information on graduate degree programs, their requirements for admission, degree plan and program contacts, visit the Graduate College website.
Information for Future Graduate Students
Information on steps to Applying to a Graduate Program
Information on Funding Opportunities and Available Scholarships
Information on Career Preparation
Information on Grad School Prep Programs
Information for International Applicants